- Prospective Client Resources
Prospective Client Resources
Helpful Leader Dog Documents
- Welcome to Leader Dog – A general overview of what to expect when you get to campus
( Download Doc )
- Client Suggestion Sheet – Hints from past guide dog clients ( Download Doc )
- American Council of the Blind (ACB) strives to improve the well-being of all blind and visually impaired people by serving as a representative national organization of people who are blind.
- Center for Sight and Hearing is a nonprofit providing vision and/or hearing loss services in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.
- Greater Detroit Agency for the Blind and Visually Impaired (GDABVI) provides vision rehabilitation therapy for people who are blind or legally blind in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, Livingston, St. Clair and Monroe counties in Michigan.
- Guide Dog Users, Inc. (GDUI) strives to promote civil rights and enhance the quality of life of working guide dog teams.
- International Association of Assistance Dog Partners (IAADP) fosters the assistance dog movement in the United States and throughout the world.
- Lions Clubs International is a volunteer-based organization that offers a variety of services to people who are blind, Deaf or Deaf-Blind.
- National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU) is a division of the National Federation of the Blind, the oldest and largest organization of people who are blind in the United States.
- National Federation of the Blind (NFB) works to improve the lives of people who are blind through advocacy, education, research, technology, and programs encouraging independence and self-confidence.
- Pennsylvania Association for the Blind is a statewide network of 26 agencies in 32 locations providing support and rehabilitation services in Pennsylvania.