Guide Dog Seminar
Practicing orientation and mobility (O&M) professionals have the opportunity to learn more about guide dog training, travel and field support requirements. A maximum of 12 O&M professionals may enroll in this overview and skill development program. Participants have the opportunity to experience guide dog challenges first hand and preview GPS navigational technology.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Participants must have completed university coursework and graduated at least six months prior to the seminar.
- Participants must be certified orientation and mobility specialists with at least six months of experience.
- Participants must not have previously attended this seminar within the last five years.
- Challenge Level: Easy to moderate
- Participants receive 11.5 ACVREP continuing education credits
- Classes Offered Annually: Two
- Seminar dates:
- Arrive Sunday, February 26; Seminar is Monday, February 27 & Tuesday, February 28, 2017 (apply by January 26, 2017)